— CLEANSING TIPS—
BEFORE, DURING & AFTER
Even before your cleanse starts, you can help maximize its effects. Making the appropriate changes now will wean your body off substances that inhibit the detoxification process and create a solid foundation of healthy decisions.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol at 2-3 days prior to your cleanse.
- Minimize meat, dairy, and refined sugars from your diet starting three days out. Substitute these with organic fruits and vegetables, broths, juice-based smoothies, and herbal teas. This will make the transition to the cleanse more comfortable and minimize any potential side effects.
- Hydrate! Try to drink 1 cup (8ounces) of water hourly.
during your cleanse
From that first sip, our juices will begin purifying your body of toxins, but there are plenty of things you can do to help maximize the results.
- Water is the most important thing. Drink at least 8 ounces, if not 16, between each juice.
- Plan for 2-3 hours between each juice. We have an order we recommend, but you can change it to fit your schedule. Two important things to keep in mind: save sweeter juices for post workout, and always save our almond mylk for last.
- Sweat is a great way to flush out toxins, but please keep it to light exercise. Jogging, yoga, pilates, or walking are all great options.
- Avoid coffee. Grab a herba mate or herbal tea instead.
- Avoid gum and mints. The chemicals in them awake your digestive system (no bueno!).
- If you need to eat, avoid solid foods. Celery, cucumber, apple, banana, avocados, carrots, chia seeds, or almonds soaked in water are all great options. We also recommend blending your juice with a frozen banana or soaked almonds. This adds substance to your juice and will fill your stomach.
- Listen to your body. Its normal to feel fatigued and irritated, especially at the beginning. That said, every body reacts differently and if you experience extreme fatigue, don’t muscle through it. The whole point of a juice cleanse is to develop healthy habits and becoming more in tune with your body -- that doesn’t mean ignoring it. In tough times, grab a snack from the list above, take a breather, and enjoy your body!
Congrats, you’ve completed the cleanse and given your body that fresh start it deserves! You probably feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the world, but give ease your body back into normal life.
- Take several days to ease back into solid foods. Begin with soups and smoothies and slowly incorporate more solid foods.
- Continue mindful eating habits and to hydrate properly.
- Plan on cleansing at least 2-4 times a year (ideally quarterly) to maintain healthy bodily balances.